It's easy (and FREE!) to get started with SoftChalk Cloud —here's how:
- Begin by searching the public Learning Object Repository. You don't need an account to search and find publicly shared learning content. Once you find content you can share the hyperlinks to that content. If you sign up for a SoftChalk Cloud account, you can modify this content - see below.
- Sign up for a 14-day free trial of SoftChalk Cloud. You'll have access to the full version of the Cloud, which provides the following key benefits:
- SoftChalk Create - You can transform existing course materials into interactive and engaging e-learning content with minimal time, effort and resources. Build, customize and personalize content by mashing up your own materials with rich media (video, audio, images), interactive activities, quizzes and text. To get started creating content, see our FAQ How do I quickly learn to create lessons with SoftChalk Create?
- Anytime, anywhere access - You can log in to SoftChalk Cloud from any web browser, to create and modify content online.
- Transition-proof content - Content created in SoftChalk Cloud seamlessly integrates with almost any LMS. Your content will stay put, even if you change your LMS, and a single SoftChalk item can be used in more than one LMS simultaneously.
- Quick and easy sharing - With SoftChalk Cloud, you can organize and share learning content and media with colleagues, groups or the entire Cloud community.
- Efficient content management - One SoftChalk Cloud content item can link into multiple courses in multiple LMSs, and track student score results into multiple LMS gradebooks. When content is updated, it is done once and every course is updated simultaneously.
- Track student score results - SoftChalk Cloud allows tracking of student score results either inside or outside of the LMS gradebook. Detailed score tracking results allow you to understand what students got right and wrong, and how long they spent on the content.
- Subscribe to a Cloud account to receive the benefits above for a year, plus:
- Host and deliver content for students - start with 1GB of storage and add more as needed.
- Create an unlimited number of Cloud polls and ratings.
For more details on SoftChalk Cloud and how to get started, please see the:
SoftChalk Cloud Quick Start Guide, the SoftChalk Cloud Guide and the SoftChalk Cloud website.