In order for SoftChalk to save the license, you need to have administrator rights. (A check would be to see if you can save a text file to C:\Program Files.)
If you have administrator rights and are still having problems getting the license key to be saved (or getting an update), you may need to turn off the User Account Control (see below).
From your desktop, click on the Start menu (round ball) in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Type UAC and press Enter.
- Drag the slider to the Never notify setting.
- Re-boot your computer.
- Start SoftChalk and choose Help/Enter License.
- Enter your license info. Click OK.
- Enable your User Account Control by repeating steps 1-4 except reset your Notify option to your previous setting.